Friday, August 29, 2008

Grace is enough

Some fun pictures from Family Camp last weekend:  



Good morning! 

Right now I'm sitting here, cup of coffee to my left, Brooke Rebecca to my far left, Dumbo on TV and Paige on the couch w/ a sippy and some cheerios - we're all still in jammies - and I'm taking this moment to myself before the day begins.  

Life couldn't be better.  It really couldn't.  

I'm in a place in my life that I've never been before, and honestly you don't hear many people talk about life the way that I am lately.  It's soo fun, sooo good and really, to be honest:  perfect.  
(RIGHT when I typed that, Brooke dropped her sippy on the floor and said "uh oh"  .... figures!) 

Anyways .. comic relief aside, life really does feel good right now and unfortunately that scares me to death.  

I guess it's because I have been through it.  I've been though some pretty hard stuff  and to be in a place where things feel GOOD and RIGHT is scary because someone has hard-wired it into my head that God doesn't work through the easy stuff .. he doesn't change and form us while we're in the easy places.  He works when life is hard.  

A quote from a book I'm currently reading:  

"If you know the way God works, then you realize that being deported, banished, captured, jailed, or enslaved is just another way of saying that you are being sent by God on a mission.  That's how God orchestrates the spread of His redemptive narrative.  You see, in God's economy, good news often comes of age in rather harsh circumstances."  

SEE????  It's common ... it's known ... so what does this mean?  

Truth be known:  I'm scared that something terrible is going to happen to ruin all that is well with me, and for what it's worth, I want to buck the system.  

Now I know the answers ... I was in ministry ... I know what to say ... and it was actually said perfectly to me by a good friend.  "Maybe God isn't in the chiseling, mashing, forming stages of sculpting you ... maybe he's sanding, blowing off the dust" ... which feels GOOD to hear ... I need that truth  ... but we all know that the hard stuff is going to come ... life doesn't stay perfect.  

So today I don't have anything profound to say ... just an update.  A line from a Caedman's Call song to end ...

My faith is like shifting sand
changed by every wave
My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on GRACE






2 comments:

Life as a Mom said...

That is GOOD stuff Beckster! Thanks for sharing...I just love you and your sweet heart!
xo jen

mentorman said...

...ummm

...you haven't given up blogging have you?