Monday, June 8, 2009

You're gonna love this ...

Soooo ... to those of you that still read ... get ready to be very proud of your Becky-Friend. 

Today I went to Mardel (Christian Book Store out here) to get a devotional book or SOMETHING to help guide my daily walk.  I'm slackin' big time.  I don't even know where my Bible is right now.  ANYWAYS ... as I was leaving the store, I pulled out of my parking spot RIGHT in front of someone ... I hate when I do that!!  Well, I stopped, and tried to do the shoulder-shrug-hand-wave-i'm-so-sorry gesture .. but the woman gave me SERIOUS attitude ... rightly so ... I was definitely in the wrong.  

But something about her un-forgiveness just rubbed me the wrong way.  It was not the right time to mess with me .. I was NOT in the mood.  So I, like the good Christian woman I am, leaving the bookstore w/ my new Beth Moore in tow ... 2 small innocent babies in the backseat .. RETURNED the attitude .. slammed my car in reverse, got out of her way, and very sarcastically ushered her on her way... oh, and as she drove past, flipped her a double bird to put the icing on the cake.  

aren't you proud?  

guh... His Grace is sufficient. 

Tonight as I was putting Paige to bed .. bedtime prayers came ... I prayed ... and out loud asked for forgiveness for my attitude.  I asked God to help me get through the 4:00 - bedtime hours tomorrow .. and then it was time to sing.   Pretty much every night, Paige wants "Love'm in the Morning" .. which is a song about God's Grace.... the last line goes, "and in the in between time, when you feel the pressure comin' .. remember that He loves you and He promises to stay" ...(see my "2 year old Mercy" blog from like a year ago) well tonight, she wanted, "Jesus Loves Me" ... 

Jesus Loves Me ... this I know ... 

Yes, Jesus Loves Me
Yes, Jesus Loves Me
Yes, Jesus Loves Me ... the Bible tells me so. 

better get mine out ... 'night. 

4 comments:

kelly said...

DOUBLE BIRD!!!!! HA! i'm dying here... so have been there....

mentorman said...

...just glad you didn't give her the whole flock of birds :-)

...and WELCOME BACK in here!!!

...you've been missed!

...birds or no birds...........

Life as a Mom said...

Beckster...you always make me smile! I was going to check in with you on FB but this was even better! Love you...mean it!

Amanda said...

Oh Becky! We have all been there. Aren't you glad we have little innocent children to witness all our insane moments. :( I'm so glad you finished the night with jesus loves me, though...cause he sure does...and i do too!