Friday, May 30, 2008

Blessings

I just had another precious moment with Paige.  I have to write about it because I don't want it to go away.  It was bedtime again, after prayers.  (Paige prayed this time:  "Thank you for my God. Thank you for my food. I'm really sleepy. Amen").  She asked me to sing to her and tonight she didn't want, "Love'm in the mornin."  (See a few blogs back).   She wanted "Jesus." 

PAUSE ... ya just gotta take that in for a second don't ya?   She wanted Jesus.

So, of course, I sang "Jesus Loves Me." (Her version is below).   



Precious, isn't it?  

Back to bedtime.  

Something precious happens in the room when I sing to her.  The atmosphere changes.  She is calm.  I get very sentimental and a bit emotional, and we experience a bond that I can't describe.  I'm sure you other mom's and dad's out there know what I'm talking about .. it's beautiful.  

Anyways .. after "Jesus" she asked me to sing a different song.  She was trying to name it, but I couldn't understand her.  I asked her to sing it so I could try and figure it out.  She tried; I couldn't.  I asked her who taught it to her and she said, "My daddy sings it." Then she tried to sing again.  This time, I made out a few words and she had the tune right.  The "ah ha" moment happened, and I sang ... for her ... (pause)... FOR her. 

Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, 
I'll be a living sanctuary
For You. 

Oh MAN, how I want those words to be a reflection of her heart. I have such a hunger for her to want to be a Dwelling Place.  I want it more than anything.  I want her to know Jesus, know her Savior and truly be a Pure and Holy sanctuary for Him.  

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you hurt inside? I felt that tonight as I was singing that song for her.  I felt it and I really think she did too because as I was singing, she began to gently trace my face with her special blanket.  It was almost as if she was trying to comfort that longing ... the hurt that I was feeling.  My baby was comforting me as I sang (her words?) FOR her. 

I am so grateful to Mark for teaching her that song.  What a beautiful prayer for Paige.  Thank you Dreamy.   I mean really .. I'm a bit beside myself in thanksgiving.  How did I get matched with such a wonderful man?  A man so unlike any man I've ever known .. 

Blessings ... so many blessings.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

goosebumps... thanks for sharing Becky!
Meghan